Wizzard

PW dies, phoenix dies, servers are dying

326 posts in this topic

So I took a look last days into this and... PW dies somehow, I mean first we had the great lannisters, lorraines, starks, pleb horde and duchy of brandenburg and Lancaster and as last the saxony's.

clans are disbanding on the moment and PW is not really funny anymore, its only those starks, dalerins, Yorks hiding in there castle while lorraine is sieging them. These days or even weeks are battles only between lorraine declaring starks which is kinda boring. The pleb horde disapeared, I don't see any plebs declaring lorraine or starks, they even don't declare smaller factions and if they do its just with a small pack of members.

a time ago I was recruit of the BIG clan of saxony, Vanguard left, more people left and more... Then saxony became kingdom of France and after a week we were gone... Merged into varagnian guards.

lancaster disbanded a while ago, they joined duchy of brandenburg and after a few weeks brandenburg was disbanded! 

House normandy is gone, my main CLAN kingdom of england is now even disbanded (sleeping) even when they are on a different server

House mormont is now gone.

And btw SS was first very BIG and now they even don't have 9 people online.

i really like PW and enjoying those Sieges, but if the clans are sieging the same factions all day! All weeks! Its going to the way of boring.

EDIT: we might even lose starks in the future since we all didn't see king_Robb_stark for a while and he doesn't enjoy Pw that much anymore I heard...

Edited by Wizzard

Dickers you sir may have given people the best answer to why pw is dying, it's us the community, we complain new maps are not made, a new map is made which is a WIP and people are shitting about it, then when no one makes a map everyone complains that we have no new ones and it just carries on and on. But as you said pw has been having its ups and downs and this is partially because of how many severs there are and factions sizes . With eu asacia coming and stealing all the pubs with their 12 yo SO (he really is) we no longer have those pub wars. And I can remember when Kronus was up there were at least 5 factions on Kronus and another 5 on Phoenix. Then pubs started to join these factions and only the big ones. So tha smaller ones disbanded because they had no chance. And this is what has happened the Lorraine's and Starks have sucked in the pubs and we no longer have clan diversity just two major factions. I can probably see them getting so large that they eventually split into smaller clans as people are bored of the same old same old.

Even before Nexus people claimed it was dying lmao

Fuck off, pw is just having less players this days due to some clans (couch starks couch) locking themselfes in thier castle with archerspam.Then if pubs war a clan it will always be a cancer war with one side camping. Also, after the brigde rape there hasn't been an open confrontation, it's just hiding with as much archers as possible.

That and due to the recent mountain maps people just cba.

Edited by Michel

It isn't dying, stop thinking it is, Jesus Christ. Been said shit loads of times, never actually managed.

53 minutes ago, Dekkers said:

There were times that there wasn't even a single clan that could muster 20 people

The good times before clans.

Right now yes though, there are less players on but it doesn't take a genius to see why. Since PW became clan dominated and only two large clans remain of course there will be less people. 

Edited by Falcon

PW has to adapt to its player base, the current player base is in a clan majority, therefore most decisions are done with clans at the forefront of the mind rather than non-existent Pleb Hordes. (Rip House Cringe)

1 hour ago, Dekkers said:

PW simply has ups and downs. There were times that there wasn't even a single clan that could muster 20 people,  yet it endured. PW has been dying for several years (and as you can imagine, that doesn't even make sense.) According to some it already died when clans took over. My point: there's no point in arguing about it. Exde

Also, clans sieging the same people over and over and over again is basicly what's been the foundation of PW for at least a year now. Yes, it does become boring to some, yet they keep on doing it. 

Not to mention that every single time people come up with new maps some clan leaders (or high ranked people) just go crying to admins and have it changed. (I know this even happened today)

1. This doesn't encourage anyone to make more maps in the future
  2. This doesn't give people the chance to develop and improve their maps
  3. The critisism itself is laughable at times. It would be great if this autistic community would learn to adapt sometimes, but I know I am asking too much there.

I mean, the maps I made that were somewhat succesfull took ages to develop. Some updates needed updating, etc. Maybe if we gave people like Ted and Proton and others the chance to actually fix their maps we could play other maps more often and so add some fresh impulses to PW. Instead people shit all over them and then go crying a few weeks later that no one ever makes a new map. Gosh, I wonder why

Im just lazy