Bridge Troll

Phoenix News

30 posts in this topic

Just a small reminder that sharing your accounts puts them at risk - harboring banevaders has never been and will never be tolerated. Do not share your accounts when you can't be sure that the person you are sharing with isn't banned/about to be banned. So, in general: just don't.

Due to the recent events, we felt like we needed to clear up the whole "enforcement of peace". 

Peace can be enforced by a SA+ on a valid war if the war has been going on for a hefty amount of time in the evening hours. That most commonly happens when a faction keeps a war upon another faction to prevent them from logging off. In cases like that the admin team will interfere and peace the war.

This is the second public announcement on this topic. Every player is expected to listen to the instructions of the admin on such occasions or face punishment.

Due to me having other interests I've decided to resign from my HA post after a year of dealing with you rascals and let somebody that is more willing and involved take over the admin side of things. We have decided to not assign a new HA immediately but I've made a few recommendations to Henricus and Avenger for when the time is right.

I will be backing down to a community manager post where I will continue to develop the Persistent Kingdoms mod with the other developers and organise events with Mike. You should no longer message me about any admin-related stuff as I am no longer part of it.

I would say it's been an honour but who are we kidding, this community is shit and that's the way we like it, apparently.

Anyways, see you at the events and in-game.

After several weeks and going through several candidates I have decided to appoint Techno as HA. 

Admin meeting summary

Activity: Admins continue doing their best to be active both IG and on the forums. 

Maps: Ashes has been tested by the admin team and all bugs found have been reported. The map has been put on the main server. It is far from finished and will need a lot of polishing to do. If anyone finds bugs please report them in this topic.

Admin Changes: None.

Admin complaints: The recent complaint made by Cheese involving the whole staff was reviewed and most of his questions were fair. The changes that will be implemented first will be:

Transparency: We will publish a summary of every admin meeting and every major decision will be made public as well. I have noticed that for quite some time the community has been left in the dark when it comes to what happens in the Staff. That will no longer be the case. Any promotions, removals, discussions(Including complaints that set precedents. That seems to be a major problem. A lot of precedents set have been lost in time and it takes ages for players and admins to scroll through thousands of complaints to see the decision made on that complaint) and decisions on admin complaints will be posted here. Unban appeals will not be included in this. 

Excessive removal of comments on complaints/appeals: When it comes to complaints/appeals there will be no change. Any comment that breaks the forum/complaint rules will be removed and warning points will be issued. The shoutbox will not be moderated strictly however we draw the line at harassment. 

Suggestions made by Cheese: Since the complaint goes a long way pointing out some flaws however it does not offer any solution to the problems stated. If Cheese wants to explain further he can make a separate topic in the Support and Suggestions section. The topic will be reviewed thoroughly. 

Summary and verdict of the complaint: We decided not to moderate the topic just to prove a point. 11 pages of which only 3-4 contain proper posts. The complaint points out flaws that the staff has and we will do our best to eliminate them. Some of the problems pointed out are out of the reach of the admin team and thus will not be addressed. Thank you to everyone who participated in the discussion. If you have any further questions feel free to PM me. 

Admin recruitment:

We are actively searching for new admins. If you feel that you got what it takes write an application and post it in the proper section. We will provide proper training and guidance until you feel ready. The amount of applications has gradually lowered over the last 2 years to the point where no one wants to apply. I fully understand how tiring the job can be. The staff is currently made out of 13 people. Yes it is not the lowest number of admins we have had but it still poses a threat. We are nearing the holidays and a lot of people take time off. So again if you feel that you have the time and willingness to be an admin feel free to apply.

Any further questions? Feel free to PM me.

Admin meeting summary

Activity: 3 admins on LoA. Complaints are being solved at a normal pace.

Maps: The main test for Ashes has finished and it will be added to the regular map rotation. The map for tomorrow is Great Divide.

Discussions: Plated Charger being too expensive. The price will be lowered to 300 000 gold. If this unbalances the numbers and sieges IG it will be reverted to it's older price or if there is no major change it will be lowered next week.

Admin Changes: 

Monsnic promoted to GA

SorryCeaser accepted as FS

Complaints:

The question was whether the goading that Muhammed did can be interpreted as kill baiting. The chat and pictures clearly prove him trying to get a kill reason by any means necessary in order to avoid NRR which resulted in a warning being issued.

Admin recruitment:

We are actively searching for new admins. If you think that you got what it takes to be one feel free to apply. The process is simple. The applications are discussed at the admin meeting and a vote is held. If accepted you will be given proper introduction and training. If denied do not feel disheartened. You can always re-apply in a month. If you have any questions feel free to drop Henricus or Techno a PM. 

Admin meeting summary

Activity: Henricus will be on a Leave of Absence till the 26th December.

4 more Admin are on an LoA.

Due to the Holidays there will be a major drop in admin activity. The complaints will probably stack but they will be dealt with once Christmas is behind us.

Admin Changes:  After talking through all the issues we have decided to accept Cheese as Forum Staff.

Complaints:  This complaint was solved on the basis it was solved in the past. Means that with the banner situation the faction was allowed to declare the war to capture the one banner and then peace the war directly after. 

Message from the Staff:

We want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and we hope that you enjoy your holidays. This will be our last admin meeting for the following week and a half. Take care and if you have any questions feel free to drop any admin a PM.

Admin recruitment:

We are actively searching for new admins. If you think that you got what it takes to be one feel free to apply. The process is simple. The applications are discussed at the admin meeting and a vote is held. If accepted you will be given proper introduction and training. If denied do not feel disheartened. You can always re-apply in a month. If you have any questions feel free to drop Henricus or Techno a PM. 

Minutes Of The Meeting: 30/12/2018

Attendees(6):  Henricus, Techno, Secan, Olaff, Foxy, Cheese

Suggestions

There will be no changes to the current bank system. 

William will get to adding new items to forums shop at some point. GS will still however only be a reward for winning tournaments. 

Plated Charger price will be dropped from 300k to 75k. 

Admins will now be accepted through a interview committee headed by a Head Admin in this interview the candidate will be ask a variety of questions so that those present can get a better understanding of the applicants way of thinking and knowledge. The final decision will come from the HA or HA's who are heading the committee while the other admins present can also ask questions and give their opinions to the HA. The interviews will be carried out separate to standard admin meetings at a time that works for the interviewer and interviewee. If a candidate is possibly controversial the interview will be done by both HA's who will make a joint decision. Please note this is only a change to the acceptance process not the application process.

The "Retired staff" rank can be removed from people if information is brought to light, or it is deemed necessary by the head admins.

Ruleset clarification

War to hide RDM - ''Backstabbing'' : Backstabbing has always been allowed during wars however it recently came to light that there are two complaints that set two precedents which contradict each other. To make things clear ''Backstabbing'' is allowed and always has been. Taking out one of the interesting aspects of a war(For everyone except the one being backstabbed) has never been the intention. 

Demands - Demanding a player to dismount his horse when you are not an outlaw. : The demand is not illegal. You can demand someone to dismount in order for you to be safe that he wont escape as fast if he attempts it. HOWEVER you are FULLY responsible for the horse. If someone kills it, steals it or tries to loophole just so that the victim loses it's horse the one making the demand will be punished without an exception. It is a risky demand but it is your choice if you want to issue it or not. Demanding a person to dismount his horse does not give you ownership of it. At the end of the halting process the person has to be on his Horse. 

If you have any questions or you think that something is unclear and needs to be edited feel free to drop me a PM.