Scorp

Witcher 3 - Velen Map

130 posts in this topic

Started detailing the landscape, pointless if its not immersive ;)

mb9R7nx.jpg

4 hours ago, [HS] Flavius said:

perfect finish time right after exams!

U havee exams in primary schools?

On 20/02/2017 at 5:26 PM, Scorp said:

Started detailing the landscape, pointless if its not immersive ;)

Be really carefull with the amount of props you're using.
if there is too many props the first problem will be lags and fps dropping, and since it's seems that 70% of players have to play with low quality to have 30fps, i recommend sincerely that you be carefull with that.
There is a limited amount of props that can be put on a map. If you cross that limit you'll have max lagging problems and even sound missing problems. (even no sound at all, no footspets, swinging swords, etc...)

I know what it's like to want your map to be as fucking gorgeous as you would like but ... m&b can't support such dreams apparently.
Didn't want to crush your dreams but be aware that you'll probably have to remove all the "non usefull" props if you want that people play on it.

On 21/02/2017 at 5:28 PM, Grumpy said:

Be really carefull with the amount of props you're using.
if there is too many props the first problem will be lags and fps dropping, and since it's seems that 70% of players have to play with low quality to have 30fps, i recommend sincerely that you be carefull with that.
There is a limited amount of props that can be put on a map. If you cross that limit you'll have max lagging problems and even sound missing problems. (even no sound at all, no footspets, swinging swords, etc...)

I know what it's like to want your map to be as fucking gorgeous as you would like but ... m&b can't support such dreams apparently.
Didn't want to crush your dreams but be aware that you'll probably have to remove all the "non usefull" props if you want that people play on it.

Couldn't agree more. Ill be "Down-scaling" the details based on testing at the very end of the process; my 3rd main goal has always been performance while maintaining the quality as much as possible.