Scorp

Witcher 3 - Velen Map

130 posts in this topic

*clap clap clap*

I loved that map, good luck!

Edited by Robin

Before you continue, you should try to move the mapfile into the PW Module. Otherwise you can not use the needed PW scene_props.

Edited by Probito

That looks promising and well made. This first glance really reminds one of the bloody barons questline. Also, nice to see that someone is starting to recreate scenes from something other than Game of Thrones, keep going please.

Edited by Bridge Troll

Nice idea, I was planning on doing the same after I finished my Witcher 3 main storyline but I couldn't be arsed :P

Do you have any more screenshots? I wonder how you are planning on filling in the overal terrain

2 hours ago, Dekkers said:

Nice idea, I was planning on doing the same after I finished my Witcher 3 main storyline but I couldn't be arsed :P

Do you have any more screenshots? I wonder how you are planning on filling in the overal terrain

Stop asking complicated questions. Every time you post one someone else's topic for a map he quits.  :))))))))))))))))))))))

1 hour ago, Henricus said:

Stop asking complicated questions. Every time you post one someone else's topic for a map he quits.  :))))))))))))))))))))))

Ye its a stressful job being a PW mapper man

How about following the actual witcher 3 map and do some swamp around it, some sort of forest and like 3 or 4 small villages consisting of 4 houses and then some castles for the clans

Thanks for the positive responses!

Yes I will move it over - Originally started making this for Siege.

One of my biggest challenges for this map will be performance, would be extremely easy to create an FPS killer.

10 hours ago, Bridge Troll said:

How about following the actual witcher 3 map and do some swamp around it, some sort of forest and like 3 or 4 small villages consisting of 4 houses and then some castles for the clans

Yes I will, I plan to create as many replica areas as logistically possible, the lady of the woods area would be a great addition with a proper swamp. I'd love to add a few nice big forests but you'd need SLI 1080's for that lets be honest :(

I quite like the concept of making the haunted tower too..

Eventually creating Novigrad as a separate map could be good too (Although an FPS killer?). Would be good to see some nice City Guard RP with a City Council etc.

Few more screenies of the Baron's Castle:

BrOqA88.jpg

s3gajHo.jpg

k365UiR.jpg

jJiNjOZ.jpg

3iRGANI.jpg