Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zareno

Changing stealing rules

Question

Hi, 

I enjoy playing as a commoner and doing trade. For example buying bread off serfs and selling it to soldiers near a battle. However, with the current ruleset, this way of playing is being made impossible.

Because:
- It isnt a bannable offense to steal items from a cart if the player controlling the cart is not halted.
- Because of this; tincans and nakeds alike can just take the items out of the cart without interacting with you whatsoever.
- There is already a class made specifically for thiefs and thugs: The Outlaws.

I wish for the rules to be altered in order to make that action illegal, and refundable/bannable. 
Without the alteration it is impossible to play as a trader because nakeds can just steal and eat your profit in 0.5 seconds.

My Question is:
Can the rules be changed from stealing only being illegal when halting to:

Stealing by faction members or commoners is illegal (also out of a cart or when not halted).?

I think this change of rules can give the server a more active economy and less 1 hour war then dead-effect.

I look forward to people giving their opinion about this :D.

18 answers to this question

Snowflakes and social justice warriors have become present in everyday life.

Now they are becoming present in video games.

Time to go live alone in some remote location to escape from this disaster.

This is not going to happen my friend Im sorry to tell you. We are not going to turn this server in SJWs heaven. So no.

Also this is not a RP server. How many times ppl must be told to understand it? If you wanna trade like the special snowflake you are as Tommy said go join the RP server.

Edited by Turin

12 minutes ago, Turin said:

This is not going to happen my friend Im sorry to tell you. We are not going to turn this server in SJWs heaven. So no.

Also this is not a RP server. How many times ppl must be told to understand it? If you wanna trade like the special snowflake you are as Tommy said go join the RP server.

Hello staff member.

Good insults. Better scare him off.

Hope you get warning points.

owno wait lol

Edited by Hagaron

I can insult whoever I want and calling someone a snowflake is hardly an insult if you are not SJW yourself. Im not scaring anyone off just telling him the simple truth how does it work and how it will work.

Edited by Turin

1 hour ago, Turin said:

I can insult whoever I

great idea

nice example of a staff member

thank god you guys are handing out the warning points

can i have my warning points removed for insulting while we at it

seems like it is okay

@Zareno The rules we're playing with have been in place for years the community playing on the server doesn't want more rules to be added to protect players.

Perhaps if you keep making suggestions or having new idea's (which is always appreciated)  they might be looked at and be implemented, however, when it comes to big rules like these they won't change. 

As for the economy, the majority of people aren't looking to Roleplay they play this mod to fight each other and prove that they're better in fighting than the faction they're fighting. 

Think of the mod as a controlled environment where people get to flame each other all day long and fight each other without the need to having to always fight back?  

7 hours ago, Hagaron said:

can i have my warning points removed for insulting while we at it

seems like it is okay

Why are you evidently so obsessed with the admin team tho? You take literally every chance you get to assault them. It's like attacking a cripple with no arms (like attacking me basicly) so why bother?

Don't even dare denying it either 

That aside: the suggestion isn't that bad anyway, but it is annoying to enforce. Besides, it makes sense that anyone can steal and it forces people to ask others to guard them. 

Edited by Dekkers

7 hours ago, Dekkers said:

Why are you evidently so obsessed with the admin team tho? You take literally every chance you get to assault them. It's like attacking a cripple with no arms (like attacking me basicly) so why bother?

Don't even dare denying it either 

That aside: the suggestion isn't that bad anyway, but it is annoying to enforce. Besides, it makes sense that anyone can steal and it forces people to ask others to guard them. 

because

bait

you cripple

and i like triggering them 

i really couldnt care if he insults someone lol

Edited by Hagaron