Orc

Dealing with Autoblocking reports

Question

So first of all, thank you to all the kind words of everyone who has messaged me in my absence, I am back and no longer banned for now.

This isn't a question, but it's a suggestion.

I know this might complicate things a fair bit, but as a lot of people know I recently made a report on an autoblocker, which fortunately resulted in him getting banned, however I asked people to post their opinions on the matter so that any experienced players could agree it was, or was not autoblock, I asked this as I believe autoblocking cases aren't similar to any others, this being because it's not a case of "Yes, he did random" or "No, he aimed" etc, some people can't tell that some one is autoblocking, and I think that some admins (not naming) may be a bit trash at the game and wouldn't tell, with this in mind, I think having the opinions of players that are experienced in the game say that someone is autoblocking, I think that'd help support the case that they are, or aren't.

This is why I think that people should be able to give their opinion on autoblocking reports, just to help out and potentially assist the admins on whether the person is autoblocking or not, I am not saying they can just go off topic and make irrelevant posts, those can simply be removed, but I think it'd be nice for people to say "Yes he is autoblocking, and this is why..." or "No he isn't, and this is why..." because with an explanation it might enlighten an admin and make them see that side of it if they didn't realise their footwork for example, as if they have trash footwork but insane blocking that could be a sign, and ofc blocking down is a dead giveaway.

But yeah

I am sorry to those who received warning points from that report I made, and I appreciate you trying to get nerds who cheat banned :)

7 answers to this question

I agree. My own post has been removed from that complaint yet I myself got someone banned for using autoblock. In case of autoblock reports meaningful posts shouldnt be removed nor ppl shouldnt be given warning points for them.

1 hour ago, Turin said:

I agree. My own post has been removed from that complaint yet I myself got someone banned for using autoblock. In case of autoblock reports meaningful posts shouldnt be removed nor ppl shouldnt be given warning points for them.

Exactly the same, its bullshit that if you voice your opinion on a type of complaint to help the admin with the decision you are just censored and given warning points lmao

Being shit at the game I always ended up asking the self-proclaimed Warband pros for opinion. Not sure there's a need for 20 people to voice their opinion on the complaint though, that just leads to a mess. Besides, the opinion of the community members will always be subjective relative to the people involved which is why it shouldn't really matter. 

The admin solving the complaint should just ask for help from non-community members if needed.

12 minutes ago, William said:

Being shit at the game I always ended up asking the self-proclaimed Warband pros for opinion. Not sure there's a need for 20 people to voice their opinion on the complaint though, that just leads to a mess. Besides, the opinion of the community members will always be subjective relative to the people involved which is why it shouldn't really matter. 

The admin solving the complaint should just ask for help from non-community members if needed.

I agree it'd be messy with 20 people commenting the exact same thing, but I think that a certain amount of people should be able to say their opinion and make it known to the admin dealing with the case the reasons that show the person is autoblocking or not.

I also know that some admins already do ask people for their opinions, including other admins. However I think it'd save time to simply see the report, open it and already see that people think it's an autoblocker or not, and the reasons behind their opinion too.

Yes, I know people can just simply upvote the report, but I don't feel like that explains it much, as some people just rep spam their friends sometimes and might be overlooked. 

There should be a group of ~5 people who have dealt with stuff such as autoblocking and so on giving their opinion to the admin team and the decision should be made based on their opinion about the matter. I also think that it shouldn't be a public complaint - kind of the same as it is on Merc.

4 hours ago, Pharis said:

There should be a group of ~5 people who have dealt with stuff such as autoblocking and so on giving their opinion to the admin team and the decision should be made based on their opinion about the matter. I also think that it shouldn't be a public complaint - kind of the same as it is on Merc.

@Border

36564_1463730949596.gif

Edited by Cheese