piotes

[SOLVED][Piotes] - [Serjeant_Alfred_Swann2] Illegal Demand

13 posts in this topic

Your in-game name at the time of the incident: Piotes

The person(s) you are reporting: Serjeant_Alfred_Swann2

The time and date of the incident: 16:45 - 20/01/2019

What you are reporting them for: Illegal Demand

The full story:
Arrested me and asked me to dismount which I'm pretty sure is illegal, when I told him this he stood around an then started swinging at me, while I was sadly writing or I would've destroyed obviously

Proof, and/or anything that will help the investigation:
Logs

Would you accept a refund from the accused player? If so specify the amount: Yes, 40000 Gold

*Posting for Alfred as he is banned on the forums*

Demands - Demanding a player to dismount his horse when you are not an outlaw. : The demand is not illegal. You can demand someone to dismount in order for you to be safe that he wont escape as fast if he attempts it. HOWEVER you are FULLY responsible for the horse. If someone kills it, steals it or tries to loophole just so that the victim loses it's horse the one making the demand will be punished without an exception. It is a risky demand but it is your choice if you want to issue it or not. Demanding a person to dismount his horse does not give you ownership of it. At the end of the halting process the person has to be on his Horse. 

If the complaint does turn out to be valid Alfred will refund.

Imprisonment:

• You may only imprison someone for a maximum of 10 minutes. 
  • You may not kill a prisoner if their faction does not pay a ransom. 
  • You may only imprison people who are trespassing on your land. 
  • In the case of imprisonment, all demands formulated to the prisoners MUST BE reasonable. Demands may not be used to abuse the system and to bait for kill reasons. Admins reserve the right to decide if a demand is reasonable or not.

I was inside a cell waiting for the 10 minutes to go by, how would I scape? I'm pretty sure this is exactly what this bullet point refers to.

I also have I'm pretty sure two complaints in which this dismount thing was adressed from some time ago where it was deemed illegal to ask someone to dismount, now that I have some time to play I've checked the rule updates and saw nothing about the dismount thing.

Actually just checked the rules and theres nothing in demands about dismounts?

Demanding:

• You may not issue a demand resulting in a die or die situation.
  • You must give someone 10 seconds to comply with a demand (The only exception for this is "halt" where a reasonable amount of time, ~5 seconds, must be given for the player to comply).
  • You may not demand a player to not speak or to speak in any chat (Local, Global or Faction).
  • You can't demand someone to insult another player/faction etc.
  • Forced ERP is illegal.
  • The word heal is not a demand, however heal or die would be considered a demand.
  • You are allowed to tell somebody to open a gate but it doesn't grant you a kill reason if he fails to comply.

These are old complaints in which this can be seen, rules haven't changed since so I'm pretty sure I was in the right to not dismount, if the general consensus on dismount has changed it should've been added to the rules, I haven't played in a while so I can only use previous experiences (such as these) and act according to the written rules.

Edited by piotes

So what you mean is that I got fucked by the unclear ruleset? Ive had incidents in the past in which dismount was illegal ( as shown above) and I couldnt see any change on the rules so what was I supposed to do lol

Edited by piotes

yep

I thought it was illegal aswell, I am also pretty sure that parts of the ruleset just "disappeared" in the past years, specifying this and other stuff...

Pretty sure I should still be refunded, at least from the admins seeing as I acted according to previous precedents and to the rules.

38 minutes ago, Johann said:

yep

I thought it was illegal aswell, I am also pretty sure that parts of the ruleset just "disappeared" in the past years, specifying this and other stuff...

At least quote the message from Cheese that he posted from the extended ruleset. It literally says it is illegal

Edited by Mekonik

From the topic I linked:

cf916f6f14a14e3fd4aee6cae879f68f.png

Thats all that matters really.

Edited by Johann

@Henricus @Techno

The Head admins will solve this case as it's currently allowed by Head Admins to ''dismount'' however, from previous complaints and rulesets this clearly isn't allowed causing confliction.