Joshthebrit

Footman class for outlaws

Should the footman class be added back to the Outlaw faction?   57 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be added back to maps?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 posts in this topic

Outlaws nolonger have an incentive to go any other class but archer now which is a bit shitty, not sure why it got removed slowly from most maps?

I think having a footman outlaw class would only make the dynamic of the server more interesting. Giving people more choice. Why would anyone want to train outlaw knowing they'd be unable to pick up any body armour above 42 without gaining speed debuffs.

Maybe increase the price of the outlaw footman training to 7k since it would be a tier above the rest at 15 strength, I don't know I just think the server would be better without all the selection of crappy melee classes (brigand, militia, ruffian) bull which is significantly weaker than a ranged class which makes no sense forcing most players to play ranged.

Plus the Sgt class out performs the footman regardless, faction members would still maintain an edge in combat.

As you can see the only benifit to training ruffian over archer is the 1 extra point in power strike & the ability to swing a 2h a tad bit faster (85 is still shit) the rest is dreadful, not only can the archer match the top outlaw melee class in strength it completly outmatches the top melee class in speed on and off horses, plus the added bonus of being able to pepper people with bows, & sail boats 3 times as fast ect...: https://gyazo.com/8e73f5d341cc59607c0d5f78920c2178

The footman class was previously on the holy lands for sure the item is still in the training room, the training option has been removed tho: https://gyazo.com/7787625064d6c866c462b4589496a6e5

Spice things up a bit & bring back the outlaw footman class x

Edited by Joshthebrit

How about we start by adding crossbowman/archer training to each castle so we don't have to retrain our favourite class.

#EndRangedRacism

It literally doesnt make any sense to remove the class. They are the only faction allowed to rob armour and you dont give them atleast footman? Like ??? I dont know why it has been removed from almost every map.

One of the reasons they were removed is because we found small-medium clans all going footman on the outlaws and dominating the server at late times when there are not many people on. Removing the footman class ensures that outlaws will have to stick to the shadows and chose their moments carefully to get away with crime; we don't want 10 outlaw footmen halting an entire faction of 5 people and taking their armour when there is no one else on the server.

Looking at the statistics we came to the conclusion that this type of situation decreases the overall number of players on the server, considering that we are looking at making the server as healthy as possible numbers wise, I doubt footman will be brought back to those maps. 

38 minutes ago, Olaff said:

we don't want 10 outlaw footmen halting an entire faction of 5 people and taking their armour when there is no one else on the server.

I actually want that.

Since when and how was the footman class for outlaws removed? I don't remember Dekkers removing it from maps or any other mapper specifically, nor did we somehow remove the class completely via scripts. Maybe one map had it missing or something and then you all assumed we removed the class or what's happening?

Edit: Dekkers voted no on the poll so maybe he did remove the class from outlaws? @Dekkers

I didn't even know I voted lol

Anyway, I don't recall removing it, but maybe we did because we buffed Ruffian? Not sure, been a while

Ruffian is able to counter any class unless you suck at the game with the stats shown there, that is probably why

On 15.1.2019 at 8:09 AM, Hagaron said:

How about we start by adding crossbowman/archer training to each castle so we don't have to retrain our favourite class.

#EndRangedRacism

Giving every castle xbows and bows would allow the archers to go archer and the infantry to equip themself with xbows. That might just be too much cancer.