Cheese

Ranting suggestions of Cheese

Question

I was asked by Henricus and others to make suggestions on offering solutions and or suggestions to what I think are flaws.

Spoiler

( why exactly do I have to do an HA's job)

The current system of choosing Admins, it's absolutely flawed to the point where the community replies or your own replies do not matter.

The admins get to vote Yes or No also stating you're able to say ''no'' or ''yes'' without any reason nor will you be asked to give any reason. 

( Suggestions )

1. The Admin applications should be private only for the viewing of the Admin team, with proper reasons as to vote yes or no. Were they not able to answer with a reason they should abstain from voting. 

2. Change the system to where the Head Admins are in charge and actually show their skill as to knowing what's best for this community needing both to agree to accept or deny somebody with actual reasons instead of casting a simple Yes or No without any argument. Bring the third party (applicant) in Discord would there be issues or questions needing to be asked.

3. Community input matters and should be taken into consideration when accepting with the above suggestions made above.

Currently, we rely on two people @MrOtto @UnknownAivian  to handle all our complaints as the rest of the admin team including both head admins refuse to stick out their hands to help.

Everyone can see that there's a need for new admins wanting to help out, yet get refused because of friend politics or simply because they don't like them.  

Instead of accepting new people to this team moderating their content, their post and what they do they rather say no. Nobody seems to know for what reason people get denied nor is the applicant informed as to why they've been denied as everyone gets the same copy and paste message. 

1. Inform applicants as to why they're denied with what reason(s), be more lenient towards applications with the rule you'll be more strict on moderating their content.

( summary of accepted admins this year )

Spoiler

-January

re application Nazi
Accepted - Vala  
Accepted - Otto
Accepted - Arteh
Accepted - Vasily
Accepted - Alaric

Denied 6

February 

Re application Jon Snow 
Accepted Malador
Accepted Unknown

Denied 2

March 

Techno Accepted 
Zawisza Accepted 
Burgundy Accepted 
Re application Tommy

denied 1

April

Accepted - Saptor 
Accepted - Deathy
Accepted - Akreal 

May

Accepted - ExoticFail 
Accepted - British Samurai
Accepted - Yuki
Accepted - SorryCeaser
Accepted - Darkie

Denied 1

June

Accepted - DanPW
Accepted - Dan the Chef 
Accepted - Secan 

Denied 2

July

Accepted - Deathium
Accepted - Kildar
Accepted - Olaf 

Denied 6

August 

Denied 1

September

Accepted - Natty
Accepted - Foxy

Denied 4

October 

Denied 1

November 

- No applications 

December 

Re application SorryCeaser

Denied 3

I never understood why players are allowed to be cancerous towards each other letting them decide whether or not they accept a refund.

1. Remove ''  Would you accept a refund from the accused player? If so specify the amount: '' tell them to make a refund request instead were this to be applicable. Also giving new admins or inactive admins a quick job to do as it takes no time to sort a refund request.

In-game events are still nowhere to be seen nor has any effort for any in-game events been put it in nor have the community been asked as to wanting to do events. We're just supposed to sit in the castle as clans and kill each other. There's no input from the admins to wanting to make it fun for us or bring up the activity in the weekend so clans stick around during the day.

1. Events during the day as it's easy to organize involving everyone within the server, asking for community suggestions on events and feedback once you've done an event. 

Edited by Cheese

11 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

1. Remove ''  Would you accept a refund from the accused player? If so specify the amount: '' tell them to make a refund request instead were this to be applicable. Also giving new admins or inactive admins a quick job to do as it takes no time to sort a refund request.

Though the person could still contest whether the offence is valid and thus it still remains a player complaint... Refund requests take no time because the only thing required is to check they lost what they claimed they had providing they have a valid reason for the request. That would not be the case if you began arguing about whether it was RDM, etc. or not.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Bring the third party (applicant) in Discord would there be issues or questions needing to be asked.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

In-game events are still nowhere to be seen nor has any effort for any in-game events been put it in nor have the community been asked as to wanting to do events. We're just supposed to sit in the castle as clans and kill each other. There's no input from the admins to wanting to make it fun for us or bring up the activity in the weekend so clans stick around during the day.

1. Events during the day as it's easy to organize involving everyone within the server, asking for community suggestions on events and feedback once you've done an event. 

Not allot of people attended the events that was made in the past, mostly because they were small and irrelevant. If you actually want people to involve themselves in events (to make clans improve activity) large events needs to be made. The event on "War of Three monarchs" was a good example.

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

Currently, we rely on two people @MrOtto @UnknownAivian  to handle all our complaints as the rest of the admin team including both head admins refuse to stick out their hands to help.

Reveal hidden contents

-January

re application Nazi
Accepted - Vala  
Accepted - Otto
Accepted - Arteh
Accepted - Vasily
Accepted - Alaric

Denied 6

February 

Re application Jon Snow 
Accepted Malador
Accepted Unknown

Denied 2

March 

Techno Accepted 
Zawisza Accepted 
Burgundy Accepted 
Re application Tommy

denied 1

April

Accepted - Saptor 
Accepted - Deathy
Accepted - Akreal 

May

Accepted - ExoticFail 
Accepted - British Samurai
Accepted - Yuki
Accepted - SorryCeaser
Accepted - Darkie

Denied 1

June

Accepted - DanPW
Accepted - Dan the Chef 
Accepted - Secan 

Denied 2

July

Accepted - Deathium
Accepted - Kildar
Accepted - Olaf 

Denied 6

August 

Denied 1

September

Accepted - Natty
Accepted - Foxy

Denied 4

October 

Denied 1

November 

- No applications 

December 

Re application SorryCeaser

Denied 3

I'd just like to point out that we've got 14 GA and more than half of em wasn't even on since a month (my guessings)

and Onward as FS

You can count on me to remake the app :) 20 days to go

hey at least your application got a copy-pasted message, alas, mine went something like this:

838929fd51ab04f3d55f662a54f77f4f.png

Edited by KarisokuroO*

6 hours ago, Cheese said:

6 hours ago, Cheese said:

And @Foxy?

1 hour ago, Gemane said:

And @Foxy?

Foxy is more in-game I realize that some admins like Monsic, Foxy and others come online in-game but forum complaints are always the main issue.

I was saying as if it weren't for those two carrying the staff team it would've been five pages of complaints if not more.

6 hours ago, SIrGamelin said:

Not allot of people attended the events that was made in the past, mostly because they were small and irrelevant. If you actually want people to involve themselves in events (to make clans improve activity) large events needs to be made. The event on "War of Three monarchs" was a good example.

I think you'll come a long way speaking to clans on what kind of events they would want to do on the server, properly explaining how it works so nobody gets confused.

9 hours ago, Gemane said:

And @Foxy?

Yeah and few more, but Foxy works more IG

I mean some of them launched the game in last couple days, what is probably because it's 16th Dec and most of ppl are already on LoA from work/uni/army

#rowan cuz i can't remind anyone more

But

after XMAS they will probably come back to their things

Edited by sheothen

@Foxy already tried to help William to make a big event but It went to nothing as William doesn't have time.

Foxy is doing a lot of small events!

Edited by Narcommando

I agree, the only admins ive seen in game for absolutely ages are foxy and otto. 

Events hosted by admins would be a great addition and give people content which dont include wars which currently are the only thing to actually do with the lack of input from the higher members of staff.

Private admin apps would help aswell as the amount of cancer people recieve simply because they are disliked by a clan is unreal. 

VOTECHEESE

Edited by PowerRanger