Thorne

[PK] Redhill [WIP]

39 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Heinz said:

. . . county capital dont really think if you can shoot at the gates . . .

Can you possibly rephrase this?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Thorne said:

Can you possibly rephrase this?

you cant pew pew at people destroying gates in county capital >:(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Heinz said:

you cant pew pew at people destroying gates in county capital >:(

Ahh. Good point.

It sounds like my castles are not built well for balanced siegeplay.  How does this castle layout look?

Spoiler

9q7rEFo.jpg

This design doesn't need any TP doors, and hopefully it allows archers to take better defensive positions. I expect the castle would have multiple ladder points that lead into the outer bailey, and a sneaky back ladder to skip it entirely.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thorne said:

Ahh. Good point.

It sounds like my castles are not built well for balanced siegeplay.  How does this castle layout look?

  Reveal hidden contents

9q7rEFo.jpg

This design doesn't need any TP doors, and hopefully it allows archers to take better defensive positions. I expect the castle would have multiple ladder points that lead into the outer bailey, and a sneaky back ladder to skip it entirely.

Looks quite good mate , but add  2 ladderpoints to the outer courtyard and 1 to the inner one so clans are able to push the second layer on two diffrent ways 

Edited by Gemane
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dekkers Give some tips out my dude.

On my part, this feels like a map that could be used on some RP server rather than on a standard PK server as I've already mentioned on the Discord. I don't think this will be usable without some heavy editing which I guess is fine. Currently there are 2-3 castles suitable for clans? And they don't look like much in terms of defenses.

Have a look at other map topics on this forum to see what I mean:

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, William said:

@Dekkers Give some tips out my dude.

On my part, this feels like a map that could be used on some RP server rather than on a standard PK server as I've already mentioned on the Discord. I don't think this will be usable without some heavy editing which I guess is fine. Currently there are 2-3 castles suitable for clans? And they don't look like much in terms of defenses.

Have a look at other map topics on this forum to see what I mean:

 

I am retired partner

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dekkers said:

I am retired partner

no one said you could stop working

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dekkers said:

I am retired partner

Is that why you are asking questions on modding Discord, you are only fooling yourself by saying that, partner

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, William said:

Is that why you are asking questions on modding Discord, you are only fooling yourself by saying that, partner

ye wtf my editor broke down help stop harassing me

36 minutes ago, Merek said:

no one said you could stop working

ur mom is hot

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll put the stuff I have completed on the backburner for now. Lets try and get some castle designs that will actually work for you folks, and once the layouts work, I can populate a map with them.

 

Here are two castles I have thrown together on a map with a similar layout to the first.

Spoiler

Q8NL7bW.jpg

n7WpGv0.jpg (Steep, but functional)

MzJD5K7.jpg

1YqT39j.jpg

Spoiler

jnxdCaZ.jpg (Early WIP)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now