Thorne

[PK] Redhill [WIP]

39 posts in this topic

After receiving some feedback I have started from scratch in an effort to build castles that will better suit the needs of the community.

Edit: I intend to add one more castle as well as camps for mercs and bandits.

Castle 1

Spoiler

K4GRxni.jpg

UNoSvPs.jpg

JeYL38x.jpg

c4PvEfI.jpg

Castle 2

Spoiler

DCQCsrL.jpg

ErfkaRd.jpg( Not pictured: one additional ladder on outer wall just below bottom of screen. Probably need to remove 1 ladder on inner wall. )

yAOM0lW.jpg

Castle 3

Spoiler

DPklBlj.jpg( This castle is the weakest atm, but I am looking to strengthen it without changing the footprint too much. )

Castle 4

Spoiler

nRY6XxN.jpg ( This castle is OP as it stands right now. Keep only accessible through stairwell funnel. Working on solution. )

Monastery

Spoiler

17kV7XW.jpg

YhHpqtt.jpg

UPDATE

Castle 5

Spoiler

zYG3VWM.jpg

Early Overview

Spoiler

MvXwIxk.jpg

The viking village is roughly placed and will likely be overhauled.

The outlaw camp has not been placed yet, nor has a merc camp.

Castle 5 is OP as fuck atm, but the Vikings have a slightly easier back route via longships.

I've only really begun detailing on the village in the center of the map. Everywhere else is barren for the moment outside of the castles.

Map has been given a name.

Edited by Thorne

It would really help me out if anyone could tell me what the main issues are likely to be with balancing these castles for sieges.

As of yet, I have not placed any ladders, nor have I determined permanent spawn locations or where armories may be located within each of these castles.

I had intended to use several TP doors (primarily to get into each castle's great hall), but it looks like those are frowned upon?

Edited by Thorne

add sses without these shitty colors ty also they should be more detailed 

in pk we no longer use tp doors (except commoner spawn, or factions spawn if they are very close to bannerpoint, do u can make the way a bit longer)

Make ss of each castle from sky view, so we can know how many ways to bannerpoints there are

Barony 1's gateway has too long bridge, and looks a bit tiny considering wide open terrain around that isn't used anyhow

Barony 2 looks just empty, nothing more to add

Outlaw camp id actually cool but eartg walls isn't good idea for ''fortress" that isn't going to be sieged anyway (there are some new wooden palisades that u may use in mix with earth tower/destroy_tower;wall etc)

monastery looks good, but it may be op considering theres (1?) way to inner courtyard (u could make ladderpoint there on left, outside castle, and one inside outer courtyard)

BUT make atleast 5 castles (not counting stables, outlaw camp, and commoner spawn) so clans can fit in it

Your work seems original so I keep my fingers crossed for it

Thanks for the input. I will update the screenshots shortly with enb disabled.

A few of these issues are already fixed, but I will need to make some major revisions to remove dependency on the handful of TP doors. 

The mines on the map are huge and they use a few TP doors. Both entrances are set up so that miners can see out through the TP door clearly to avoid getting surprise stomped.

Should those be removed as well?

Edited by Thorne

6 minutes ago, Thorne said:

Thanks for the input. I will update the screenshots shortly with enb disabled.

A few of these issues are already fixed, but I will need to make some major revisions to remove dependency on the handful of TP doors. 

The mines on the map are huge and they use a few TP doors. Both entrances are set up so that miners can see out through the TP door clearly to avoid getting surprise stomped.

Should those be removed as well?

just try to use as less tp doors as possible

Main post has been updated with new screenshots.

Are TP doors going to be an issue if they are not gating access to any banners/winches/armories?

ye remove tp doors to banners lord rooms armouries

duchy capital has nothing interesting to show, nowhere to defend it

county capital dont really think if you can shoot at the gates 

barony 1 has two gates one of them should be portcullis also no place to defend it atm

barony 2 has same issues no place to defend a gate that you cant shoot at 

and dont use tp doors at mines they will just annoy people trying to get iron

and remove this green color it looks disgusting as if it was a RP map 

:D

2 minutes ago, Proton said:

That green paint reminds me of shrek

The green looks a lot better with enb enabled. I probably shouldn't have been using it while editing.