Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Henricus

[PK] Ashes

62 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Jack_Of_Hearts said:

U cant shoot from the gatehouse theres invisible wall and the arrows bug, you have to go on the stairs to shoot. I think its fine.

The gatehouse just like some walls doesn't let you shoot down. I will cover 1/2 of the windows in the gatehouse or even less just so it still can be defendeble and attacked.

 

2 hours ago, Alan said:

In abbey i think blocking all the bastions completly is a bit over rated and it makes it a harder defence in my opinion you should atleast make it possible to shot from one of the bastions or make a small gap or something so atleast you can make a proper defence.

All the Bastions have 1 side blocked which means you can still use the bastion infront of it to shoot down this reduces the ammount of crossfire which is cancerous for everyone.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding helheim, it was taken successfully today by 70v30 ppl. The back ladder point is not possible to break as it is wide open making it impossible to killbox due to enemy archers suppressing and walls being very low. Using archer spam to prevent the ladder being built is easily countered by having 2-3 smiths as proven today. Even if you had 10-15 archers you cant defend the front gate and the ladder-point at the same time. However I believe that the castle should not be nerfed even more. Having invisible walls blocking arrows from the gatehouse is just unnecessary in my opinion but I will accept it.

A castle nobody have talked about or used is Hakrholm. This castle has some major issues making it not attractive to clans. It is four ways to the banner-point in contrast to hellwoods one. Not to mention the spawn being on the other side of the banner-point. Another issue is the front gate, archers cant shoot the people attacking the front gate from the sides due to the placement of the walls, (no crossfire for a contrast) it is not possible to shoot at the people breaking the gate from the murder holes because of (you guessed it) invisible walls blocking arrows. If you try to hold from the only choke-point (in the middle of the courtyard) it may look like a good spot as it is the only way to the banner-point. This however has a major weakness, when the enemy archers go up on the walls they will have a height advantage and can shoot down on the shield-wall, the archers and doctors. Even if this proves not effective, if one cav can get through the shield-wall he can ride up the keep and straight to the banner-point and cap the castle. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SIrGamelin said:

Regarding helheim, it was taken successfully today by 70v30 ppl. The back ladder point is not possible to break as it is wide open making it impossible to killbox due to enemy archers suppressing and walls being very low. Using archer spam to prevent the ladder being built is easily countered by having 2-3 smiths as proven today. Even if you had 10-15 archers you cant defend the front gate and the ladder-point at the same time. However I believe that the castle should not be nerfed even more. Having invisible walls blocking arrows from the gatehouse is just unnecessary in my opinion but I will accept it.

A castle nobody have talked about or used is Hakrholm. This castle has some major issues making it not attractive to clans. It is four ways to the banner-point in contrast to hellwoods one. Not to mention the spawn being on the other side of the banner-point. Another issue is the front gate, archers cant shoot the people attacking the front gate from the sides due to the placement of the walls, (no crossfire for a contrast) it is not possible to shoot at the people breaking the gate from the murder holes because of (you guessed it) invisible walls blocking arrows. If you try to hold from the only choke-point (in the middle of the courtyard) it may look like a good spot as it is the only way to the banner-point. This however has a major weakness, when the enemy archers go up on the walls they will have a height advantage and can shoot down on the shield-wall, the archers and doctors. Even if this proves not effective, if one cav can get through the shield-wall he can ride up the keep and straight to the banner-point and cap the castle. 

Not that I really care, but if you can hold a castle 30v70 I would lean towards it being OP rather than it being too weak, especially when you consider how trash clans are now a days

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SIrGamelin said:

Regarding helheim, it was taken successfully today by 70v30 ppl. The back ladder point is not possible to break as it is wide open making it impossible to killbox due to enemy archers suppressing and walls being very low. Using archer spam to prevent the ladder being built is easily countered by having 2-3 smiths as proven today. Even if you had 10-15 archers you cant defend the front gate and the ladder-point at the same time. However I believe that the castle should not be nerfed even more. Having invisible walls blocking arrows from the gatehouse is just unnecessary in my opinion but I will accept it.

A castle nobody have talked about or used is Hakrholm. This castle has some major issues making it not attractive to clans. It is four ways to the banner-point in contrast to hellwoods one. Not to mention the spawn being on the other side of the banner-point. Another issue is the front gate, archers cant shoot the people attacking the front gate from the sides due to the placement of the walls, (no crossfire for a contrast) it is not possible to shoot at the people breaking the gate from the murder holes because of (you guessed it) invisible walls blocking arrows. If you try to hold from the only choke-point (in the middle of the courtyard) it may look like a good spot as it is the only way to the banner-point. This however has a major weakness, when the enemy archers go up on the walls they will have a height advantage and can shoot down on the shield-wall, the archers and doctors. Even if this proves not effective, if one cav can get through the shield-wall he can ride up the keep and straight to the banner-point and cap the castle. 

Before I start, I have to say that all this "invisible walls" are thanks to the props themselves and about that I can't do much.

Hakr has 2 (3 if you count with a ladder point that can be easily taken down) and not 4 ways to the bannerpoint (1 through the back wall that makes us walk around to the top of the keep and another one from inside the keep itself).

I am not sure if you carefully checked Hakr because even if this brave cavalry man managed to get through the shield wall, he would get stuck as there is a door on the top of the keep that needs to be taken down to give us a straight path to the banner.

Also the archers even by getting on the walls, they wouldn't have that great of a shot on the back of the shieldwall nor the doctors (ofc the archers sitting on both those 2 small bastions would get shot down).

One problem with clans nowadays is their need to hold an unsiegeble castle so they can claim their so deserved "win" and I do like to think that my map prevents that from happening, castles can be both defended and taken depending on the way people plan their attacks and defences (ofc that in the beggining that was kinda of hard as some castles literally had crossfires everywhere).

Edited by Aragorn
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Before I start, I have to say that all this "invisible walls" are thanks to the props themselves and about that I can't do much.

Does this include the front gate at hakr?

10 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Hakr has 2 (3 if you count with a ladder point that can be easily taken down) and not 4 ways to the bannerpoint (1 through the back wall that makes us walk around to the top of the keep and another one from inside the keep itself).

Sorry, was what I remembered going through the castle.

10 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

I am not sure if you carefully checked Hakr because even if this brave cavalry man managed to get through the shield wall, he would get stuck as there is a door on the top of the keep that needs to be taken down to give us a straight path to the banner.

Retract that statement.

11 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

One problem with clans nowadays is their need to hold an unsiegeble castle so they can claim their so deserved "win"

Yes

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SIrGamelin said:

 

Does this include the front gate at hakr?

The Gatehouse and walls are also hard to shoot from because of this small "invis walls" I'll gladly take a SS of the walls if you wish.

Also Helheim will be staying the seem as I know that gatehouse is hard to shoot from, even directly at the gate. The back fire comes from the wall, the stairs and the two small windows in the gatehouse closest to those said stairs.

Edited by Aragorn
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changelog:

  • Fixed the Shop invis walls.
Spoiler

1ebb67f6b39a974a8077198e2b910261.jpg

New version has been sent to Henricus.

 

Kind Regards,

Aragorn.

Edited by Aragorn
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SIrGamelin said:

Using archer spam to prevent the ladder being built is easily countered by having 2-3 smiths as proven today.

The only smith was me, it really isn't our fault you can't hold a ladder point.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lake said:

The only smith was me, it really isn't our fault you can't hold a ladder point.

Pretty sure it was 2 though the point still stands no? Did I say it needed buffing no? Did I say it should be left as it is yes? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0