Gwae

[PK] Great Pyramid: A Map by Gwae

46 posts in this topic

First map I've done in the past couple of years. Hope you enjoy. Will add more pictures over the next few days. :)

Hopefully it will be up to standard and have a chance at being on the server.

i3FoZGX.jpg

Edited by Gwae

A view from the Sundial at dusk

eTV9xln.jpg

A view of the sundial and the player for scale

3SopQxa.jpg

A view of the monument from the tetrastyle temple at dusk

dp3RXcm.jpg

...and again at midday

fWbORfX.jpg

A view from outside of 'Oasis' castle/ town

C4T3xlM.jpg

Imo as a map it's decent but not really for gameplay, rather just nice looking and well detailed in terms of little things

I'm not sure whether it will play good, but the nice surroundings should provide an atmospheric scene to murder each other in

It honestly looks more detailed than it is, using mountains and the pyramid is quite large for the little amount of props it uses, but clever placement makes it feel more detailed. A lot of the map is covered by sand and dunes. A large aquaduct takes the eye away from the barren sand below etc.

Edited by Gwae

Imo it will be too big and cause too much lag with that many props. The size and amount of stuff in the map would be the reason it gets turned down from playing on this server as it becomes hell after there is 100 players on the server. It does look good but it's not all about the looks.

800 is about the size of Great divide, it would need to be tested as I don't think it will lag as much as it seems as the props are oversized :)

Edited by Gwae

Alright. Well then it could be tested for few days I suppose if it's fit for the server and see how it goes.