Kildar

Extended Rules

21 posts in this topic

On 6/24/2018 at 6:07 PM, Shrek said:

Jokes on you,I've only lost 2 complaints in my PW career.

1 was the second day of PW when I had no idea there were rules (refunded the guy) and the other one was when Scorpia used 'admin judgement' to ban me for 'harassment' (guy kept coming back and looting and I killed him like 3 times for not leaving). To this day I do not admit to being at fault. Both Scorpia and the guy I 'harassed' should be perm banned for having 3 and a half chromosomes. Go fuck yourself Scorpia.

i have a warning for the exact same thing from scorpia except i only killed him once when he returned and despite making an admin complaint it still wasnt removed :(

i appreciate common sense but there are so many grey areas i do think that many areas of the ruleset should be clarified without admins having to set precedents, then players having to spend loads of time trying to find one specific complaint where a precedent was set and it was not just put into the rules thread.

I seriously don't get how it's so hard not to break the rules, they are simple and only require a bit of common sense.

2 hours ago, Pharis said:

I seriously don't get how it's so hard not to break the rules, they are simple and only require a bit of common sense.

Brb reading five months of complaints for some random precedent a TA set 

Asking that as an admin yourself is quite retarded, how about asking for it within the admin team and not chip away at the admin teams integrity *facepalm*. That is because "extended ruleset for admins" is named incorrectly, which you would know if you would've plainly asked.

These rules you are talking about are not "rules" as per se but are guidelines for admins how to use the already existing rules in certain situations and how to extend them in order to conduct a complaint correctly if the circumstances are not default. This is also the reason wHy ThEy ArE CaLlEd "ExTeNdEd RuLeSeT fOr ADmInS". You do not want to disclose every details on how complaints are dealt with from your side to the public to avoid loopholes. The ruleset is not perfect and will never be, that is why admins  try to get a consensus on certain cases so you and everyone else do not complain about more common sense stuff that you already do.

That means:

You have a ruleset that is for the public, easy to understand and as less loopholes as possible

You have consenses and guidelines on the admin side to help the deduction of complaints, not accessibly to the public to prevent loopholing, caused by yourself, the admin, which is the least you want.

Good one, yet not your fault probably, you should've been taught that in your trial pahse of admining on this servers or maybe the admintraining quality level as hit rock botton ;))))

1 hour ago, Bridge Troll said:

or maybe the admintraining quality level as hit rock botton ;))))

265ce9dc3070cb2bb37e01ce9ca67e2b.png

I can't believe an actual staff member wrote this post...

The old rulesets of PW tried to cover everything imaginable, all it caused was people abusing the ruleset constantly and simply copy pasting the ruleset on complaints and then saying: ''Look, what I said is not written here!!!'' resulting in many confusing complaints and the ruleset becoming so large that even @Bridge Troll, who seems to enjoy writing essays, wouldn't want to read it.

8 hours ago, Bridge Troll said:

Asking that as an admin yourself is quite retarded, how about asking for it within the admin team and not chip away at the admin teams integrity *facepalm*. That is because "extended ruleset for admins" is named incorrectly, which you would know if you would've plainly asked.

eee0a3bda44cbdda0ad507eb1e0488ec.png

33ab77ec02d840cfb48060b94b209834.png

Other than that, all of Bridge Troll's points are spot on and that's coming from the person that probably contributed the most to that ruleset.

The whole point of that ruleset is to explain how rules should be interpreted, guidance on how to deal with specific complaints and clarify rules and the intent of them. If that ruleset was added to by other admins as much as I imagined then every single precedent or complaint with an interesting outcome would have been listed there to ensure consistency when solving hard complaints and generally just making them easier to solve as you don't need to chase after a HA for a second opinion, you just have to find a similar complaint in the extended rules to give you guidance or a precedent to follow.

If that ruleset was leaked to the public then a lot of a players would use it to walk the line between what is allowed and what isn't. This would result in a lot of cancerous complaints that take weeks to solve as no one is willing to make the decision that could results in banning someone who will then come and deafen you in Teamspeak, like Bawo. If players follow the standard ruleset without trying to intentionally walk that line then they have nothing to worry about in regards to breaking a "hidden rule".

On 8/3/2018 at 4:08 PM, Rythos said:

aren't you one of those gaggle of glue sniffers who screeches BIAS when something doesn't go his way though?

Aren't you the new Tav wannabe?