Spudgun

Spectating the spot you died for 30 seconds

28 posts in this topic

Feature Name: 

Detailed description of your suggested feature: 

When you die, you "spectate" some random fixed point on the map instead of being able to roam like you used to, as spectator was removed. Removing spectator was good, but I'm quite annoyed by the downsides, which is that I have no idea what's going on when I die, around the area I died. It's frustrating since you used to be able to keep interested even after you died and watch what was going on. Now it really kills the action. It's especially annoying as I record everything, and dying is now really detrimental to getting footage because you can't record the fight continuing after you died.

So my answer, which would solve this frustration, and not bring back any of the exploits that spectator had, would be to lock this static spectating point, when you die, to the spot you died on, or just above it.

Agreed

If possible, that'd be great

It's also more fun to watch remaining fights etc. then just a random spot and you will still not be able to abuse it, hopefully

Posted (edited)

58 minutes ago, Spudgun said:

Feature Name: 

Detailed description of your suggested feature: 

When you die, you "spectate" some random fixed point on the map instead of being able to roam like you used to, as spectator was removed. Removing spectator was good, but I'm quite annoyed by the downsides, which is that I have no idea what's going on when I die, around the area I died. It's frustrating since you used to be able to keep interested even after you died and watch what was going on. Now it really kills the action. It's especially annoying as I record everything, and dying is now really detrimental to getting footage because you can't record the fight continuing after you died.

So my answer, which would solve this frustration, and not bring back any of the exploits that spectator had, would be to lock this static spectating point, when you die, to the spot you died on, or just above it.

Maybe if you change that "random fixed point" to the point where u died, i believe u have coordinates on the map when u die, if u could just save that point each time u die and let u spectate from there would be better rather then staring at some random bush in middle of nowhere

Edited by Younes

Posted (edited)

Agreed. When I die in a war I'm no longer engaged because of this "feature". So I keep hearing Jacko screaming through his mic to push or hold while looking at the pretty skies or seas of [map name]. And do mind, I die a lot. So please, I want to be able to see my clan get raped while I hang back, relax and wait for the respawn.

It would also lighten the pain of being teamkilled by seeing your backstabbing clanmember getting destr0yed 2 seconds after your demise.

Edited by aellion

Agreed, very annoying for recording as I'm bad at melee

26 minutes ago, Ironhawk said:

Agreed, very annoying for recording as I'm bad at melee

You dont really need to record for the news BANNERLORD SCREENSHOOTS

just lock death cam to faction members view

5 hours ago, Kawaii said:

just lock death cam to faction members view

Not possible.