Shrek

Rust

101 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Bring back Phoenix Rust server fucking fagg0ts @Michael

The Rust server was the best thing that ever happened to this community. The PK server is only active for an hour and a half each day so might as well give the community something to do in the meantime. 

Also,Rust is a much better game to express your anger towards other members of the community.

EDIT:

THIS is the HIGH QUALITY CONTENT the Phoenix Rust server provided us with

Take a moment to think about that. We NEED this back.

Edited by Shrek

yes

bring back the rust islamic state

Rust complaints even funnier than PK ones. I want this!!

Rust needs a no rule zone, it's where we can let our autism out.

15 minutes ago, Evilmay said:

Rust complaints even funnier than PK ones. I want this!!

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Rust needs a no rule zone, it's where we can let our autism out.

Exactly. That's the beauty. I can guarantee you we'll have less complaints because the gaggle of glue sniffers can vent on each other in a game that's specifically made for gaggle of glue sniffers to vent. It's GREAT.

Other than being a good tool for letting our anger out,it will also appeal to the roleplayers since Facepunch added a bunch of RP crap in the last few updates. 

Only a few admins would be necessary in case of hackers. Other than that Rust has no rules and in general having admins who also play on the server would be horrible.

If the admin team,by some miracle,does decide to restart the Rust server (I presume this would cost more money for hosting,but seeing as how the donation goal for PK is regularly surpassed I see no issue here) then my suggestion would be the vanilla+ setup:

- x2 gather* (Not too grindy,but not to easy either. Can easily get enough for upkeep by farming for 10 minutes every day. End game usually reached by day 4-5 of the wipe.) 

- Clan plugin (The whole [TAG] before name thing and MAYBE friendly fire,although I'm not a fan of friendly fire)

*x2 can also apply for scrap/loot and smelting if wanted

And that's basically it. No kits,no TP bullshit,no shop. 

HOWEVER,A DONATION REWARD IN FORM OF A /KIT THAT GIVES YOU A MODERATE AMOUNT OF RESOURCES SHOULD BE TOLERATED BY EVERYONE BECAUSE WE ALL UNDERSTAND THE HOST HAS TO BE PAID FOR. 

12 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Exactly. That's the beauty. I can guarantee you we'll have less complaints because the gaggle of glue sniffers can vent on each other in a game that's specifically made for gaggle of glue sniffers to vent. It's GREAT.

Other than being a good tool for letting our anger out,it will also appeal to the roleplayers since Facepunch added a bunch of RP crap in the last few updates. 

Only a few admins would be necessary in case of hackers. Other than that Rust has no rules and in general having admins who also play on the server would be horrible.

If the admin team,by some miracle,does decide to restart the Rust server (I presume this would cost more money for hosting,but seeing as how the donation goal for PK is regularly surpassed I see no issue here) then my suggestion would be the vanilla+ setup:

- x2 gather* (Not too grindy,but not to easy either. Can easily get enough for upkeep by farming for 10 minutes every day. End game usually reached by day 4-5 of the wipe.) 

- Clan plugin (The whole [TAG] before name thing and MAYBE friendly fire,although I'm not a fan of friendly fire)

*x2 can also apply for scrap/loot and smelting if wanted

And that's basically it. No kits,no TP bullshit,no shop. 

HOWEVER,A DONATION REWARD IN FORM OF A /KIT THAT GIVES YOU A MODERATE AMOUNT OF RESOURCES SHOULD BE TOLERATED BY EVERYONE BECAUSE WE ALL UNDERSTAND THE HOST HAS TO BE PAID FOR. 

Even tho you are mostly stupid; Those are real good ideas I gotta admit.

Also since it will be a clan rust server, maybe clans who wants to take a part can gather some amount of shekels in between them. Instead of waiting for someone to show up and pay 50 bucks, this sounds much more practical.