Johann

Show the "basic" rules and some tips during respawn, make the ruleset avaible in the esc-menu.

5 posts in this topic

Currently, every new player can gaze at the bottom of a river for 30 seconds once they die. Instead, this time could be used to give them an idea about the ruleset, so that they have a basic grasp how to behave or what they did wrong. This should include:

- how to access the entire ruleset

-  how to join a faction 

- (very brief) explanation of the C-menu

- RDM

- NRR

- CLog

A C menu option like "Print the next rule" could be made which loops through the rules, or even a presentation that shows the list of them which displays the details of the rule once you click on its label. This does not even need to be a module dependent thing, as it is possible to extract those rule texts dynamically from the database at the time of the request, so server owners can edit, add, remove those rules to be listed in this system through a panel etc.

Edited by Saptor

Actually we can make it like most of the games nowadays.

It will be like showing some tips during loading screen but instead its on respawn time.

Maybe even could be used as little ingame tips. Every 10 minutes you will see a rule on the chat. Might be useful instead of seeing pw-phoenix.com every 10 minutes. Most people not even logging on the website till they need to report someone then logging off.

25 minutes ago, Evilmay said:

Actually we can make it like most of the games nowadays.

It will be like showing some tips during loading screen but instead its on respawn time.

Maybe even could be used as little ingame tips. Every 10 minutes you will see a rule on the chat. Might be useful instead of seeing pw-phoenix.com every 10 minutes. Most people not even logging on the website till they need to report someone then logging off.

How does it feel to support the community for the first time?

2 minutes ago, Bridge Troll said:

How does it feel to support the community for the first time?

Not as good as I expected. I will ask an admin to delete my comment before someone else find out i can be useful sometimes.