William

An Appeal To The Community

70 posts in this topic

logo.png

Hello,

We wanted to address the community as a whole. We've held a clan meeting on Wednesday evening where we discussed different things and what we can change in comparison to PW.

Rule Changes

We've decided to not change any rules yet and continue with the current ruleset. If issues appear in regards to war carts or anything else we will change the rules as we go along.

An Appeal To The Community

Right. This might seem like a rant which it probably is so bear with me.

We have spent the last 3 months improving on PW and making a mod for all of us. The mod is now here. We have made every attempt to bring the mod forward to as many people as possible through developer blogs, steam announcements, ModDB, Taleworlds forum, different Youtubers that will be making videos on it in the future,... The list goes on. 

It was all made in an effort to provide the population to the mod and with that increase the overall enjoyment of the whole mod populace. It was a joint effort in order to bring this mod to life and we have done the best we could. Here comes the important part.

There will be a huge influx of new players and a huge influx of people that tried PW in the past as well and left it due to numerous reasons one of which is the very hostile environment present on the server. I am not talking about the toxic chat or anything related to that. I am talking about the simple things like:

"You see a player that is clearly new due to the way he acts or because of his name etc. You go to him and tell him to show pouch because you're fully aware that he doesn't know how to so you just kill him for the sake of enjoyment". That player then rage quits and never comes back.

I would like to post a few screenshots of comments from Resonants video about PK:

5e1ae7d66b7eeb6b3894aa5cca5ed357.png

9241f2ab505b079e60b900f934819433.png

5b01767875f17def2b3b0e5abf34a4e0.png

815525dd623fc56fc1ba12f0bd902acf.png

Some of you will say, well that's internet or that's "PK for you" but that is not what we're trying to achieve. We're not trying to get rid of new players and pubs, we're trying to make them stay. By making them stay it means higher population on the server and a better experience for all the players. Abusing the ignorance, non-awareness and "noobiness" of new players means that you're shooting yourself in the foot.

So I would like to ask you in the name of the Phoenix Development Team and Phoenix Staff and everyone that wish to see this mod and our server go a long way to restrict yourself and be supportive to the new players and pubs. Work towards a more friendly environment for the new people and pubs and it will all come back to you in the form of new recruits for your clans, bigger population during the day, fun wars,... Heck, I bet a lot of them likes to roleplay and I bet some of you don't mind that. We've implemented a few animations during the last week so we hope you'll enjoy that!

Some of you will do the "in one ear and out the other" thing but those of you that will take this to your heart, thank you. Make sure to encourage people around you to do the same.

Some Other Things

We've decided to start the server with 220 limit. If the lag is too bad we can lower it and if it's fine we can even increase it.

We'll also be looking into organising weekend events again (Remember Mikes' events).

That will be all for now. Thank you for reading.

Phoenix Staff

BxKOSsT.gif

I'm coming back for this. You may not have consulted me, but I'm the non-toxic fun-loving kind noob-helping Youtube professional this community needs

Posted (edited)

well i have already told my guys not to halt new players or pubs that haven't been unkind towards us

in regards to community toxicity if @Tywin or any other clan leader cares to resolve anything he can speak to me about it 

Edited by Ragnosos

Just now, SirAlecks said:

WEAKLINGS

helping new players learn = weaklings???

Dont worry I will help all new players to learn about the basic of PK since I am not a toxic person

The best way to protect new players, is to make sure they know the server rules and basic commands.

I dont know how you could do that, maybe post a tutorial video in a sticky thread here. Video should contain instructions on how to perform basic commands, like showing pouch or seathing and a summary of the server rules, like what is halting, or nrr etc etc...

Maybe Spudgun or Resonant could do it.

p.s. If someone joins phoenix but doesnt spend a few minutes of his time to come here and read some stuff about what the hell this server is, then its kinda his fault if he gets bullied off the server.

Maybe make it clearer to new players that there is a freaking forum they can visit? Maybe the welcoming message when u join phoenix should change to something like this:

"Visit pw-phoenix.com for information on server rules and tutorials. Failure to do so, results in bad gaming experience and rage. Proceed at your own risk"

I dunno, just throwing my 2 cents here...