Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dekkers

[PK] Great Divide - Update

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Great Divide

As all maps have to be transformed we thought it'd be nice to start with Great Divide, both because it's a very populair map and because it has been a few weeks since we played on it.

The scene was created by @Avenger and not by me!

I will not change castle designs, what I have changed so far:

• Removed a shit ton of bushes and other useless props
  • Replaced many trees with the new trees that PK has to offer
  • Redone Praven, Montibeil, Jelkala and Old Port's  armories for a big part. Sargoth has new body armors and helmets, the Abbey and Vornneston have hardly been touched.
  • Fixed a few bugs I noticed
  • Added the ''war carts'' to every castle
  • Added the arrow holder props to every castle. Each castle has 3 except for Jelkala, which has 4, because of it having 2 walls with positions that are spread quite far. These positions will very likely be adjusted after initial testing.
  • Replaced most chairs with the new PK chairs that will allow the player to sit down.
  • Added the new ''barbed war horse'' to most castles and the ''masked barbed war horse'' to Montibeil. I am not sure how we'll tackle these  horses exactly, so this too is likely to be changed in the future
  • Gave arrows and bolts stocks
  • Lowered prices for horses to their new standard prices
  • Replaced the TP in the commoner spawn to a TP that allows horses through
  • Added lutes, lyres and battle horns. 

and probably more...

Screenshots (with the NATIVE PK textures, not the new textures!): 

Spoiler

B99B97679A92F81C8579043914CFA415D1EE76C41EE3408C31A3631A010BE1E574C0922F3858AD01B2B3A263103A110E6237FA5270E7E0D6C0A4224C4F371F8F915CA624D9B132DEDFBE602A47CA62FDE807E4BD5B1170104C8619C2EC455395535DE1ADC8AFE4929E44AB314198CBD25E0A18E4D744E0298C087863BD5D946D51265BA4E77144C409C78877

Note:

• Many of the groups of trees are singular props, which should be better for performance than placing 3 or 4 actual trees
  • The size of the map has gone from 900KB to 876KB so far. Performance should be slightly better
  • Many changes are likely to be changed again. Such as the new horses and the arrow holder props (their locations)
  • Battle horns are available during initial testing, but will likely only be available in the shop when PK gets released.

Edited by Dekkers

Suggestions are also welcome, of course

Will there be any change in the castles like in Skyrim?

Maybe its a little ''meh'' play the new mod with same castles without any change (except armories)

1 minute ago, Aitorfema said:

Will there be any change in the castles like in Skyrim?

Maybe its a little ''meh'' play the new mod with same castles without any change (except armories)

No, I did not originally make this map so I do not feel like I am in a position to change castles.

I will make new castles on my scenes tho

Posted (edited)

Do you plan to change the prices (of armours, horses, etc.) accordingly on every map? Would be nice not to have maps with war horses for 27k or banded armours for 18k

Edited by Turin

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Dekkers said:

No, I did not originally make this map so I do not feel like I am in a position to change castles.

I will make new castles on my scenes tho

Sad, I understand its not ur map but this map can be too repetitive. 

Anyway i hope that PK changes make it more funny... Its a bit annoying when u have to siege Monti or Praven u know... *pewpew*

Edited by Aitorfema

Do all castles provide kettle hats and byrnies?

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Aitorfema said:

Sad, I understand its not ur map but this map can be too repetitive. 

Anyway i hope that PK changes make it more funny... Its a bit annoying when u have to siege Monti or Praven u know... *pewpew*

The whole point is to update as many current maps as possible to be compatible with PK to avoid us having to keep replaying a the same few maps, while new ones are created using PK props.

Although this doesn't utilise all of PKs new features straight away it will prevent people getting bored by repetitive maps.

And as you said, with the changes to archery things will be very different in sieges anyway, so in effect maps might feel rather different at first in wars.

Edited by Tommy

58 minutes ago, Turin said:

Do you plan to change the prices (of armours, horses, etc.) accordingly on every map? Would be nice not to have maps with war horses for 27k or banded armours for 18k

When the closed test was about, i'm fairly certain that someone said (Probably @Tommy or @Saptor) that the prices of stocks would be standardized and wouldn't be varying from map to map (Unless i'm just being mentally challenged and I just imagined it)

41 minutes ago, Nazi Doge said:

When the closed test was about, i'm fairly certain that someone said (Probably @Tommy or @Saptor) that the prices of stocks would be standardized and wouldn't be varying from map to map (Unless i'm just being mentally challenged and I just imagined it)

Alright, thanks