Dekkers

The North

226 posts in this topic

Looks beautiful. You better not fucking take winterfell.

Also just to add it looks quite flat and empty so cav would be OP

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ragnosos said:

Looks beautiful. You better not fucking take winterfell.

Also just to add it looks quite flat and empty so cav would be OP

Yes, the scene is fucking huge (like literally, it's big) so filling it up with bushes and trees all over the place would murder everyone's framerate. It's a bit of an old-fashioned choice between looks and performance.

It just sucks that 'plain fields' always look boring on M&B, but that's something I (we) gotta deal with

1 minute ago, Branok said:

Looks good, but the cav spam will make me tear up

Cav spam should be good for around Winterfell, but on the sides it should be a lot harder and infantry can move around like in any other map. Also, apart from the 'southern factions' (Moat Caillin and White Harbour) every castle will get pikes. For those two factions it'll be long awlpikes and awlpikes.

I forgot to mention that I also want to place many 'public stables' around the map, to make transport less of a pain in the arse, concidering the map is so large.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dekkers said:

Yes, the scene is fucking huge (like literally, it's big) so filling it up with bushes and trees all over the place would murder everyone's framerate. It's a bit of an old-fashioned choice between looks and performance.

It just sucks that 'plain fields' always look boring on M&B, but that's something I (we) gotta deal with

In the book of GOT from Eddards POV it describes the north as being covered in barrows aka these things https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=burrows&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=979&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjbuZ3KsLfNAhUEOxoKHSCfBDYQ_AUIBygC#tbm=isch&q=ancient+barrows

also would it be possible to have some parts not snow or is it meant to be how it is in the current time of the GOT show

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ragnosos said:

In the book of GOT from Eddards POV it describes the north as being covered in barrows aka these things https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=burrows&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=979&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjbuZ3KsLfNAhUEOxoKHSCfBDYQ_AUIBygC#tbm=isch&q=ancient+barrows

also would it be possible to have some parts not snow or is it meant to be how it is in the current time of the GOT show

Well the most southern part isn't snow but I did intend to base it of GoT (I don't actually know how far south the snow got so I guessed it)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im guessing ur gonna make moat caillin the most op castle bcuz its close to silver mine so lannis can take it!1!1 

gr8 map 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shrek said:

im guessing ur gonna make moat caillin the most op castle bcuz its close to silver mine so lannis can take it!1!1 

gr8 map 

I think it is the hardest one to hold, lel

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.